In order to keep you and your family safe, our Facilities Management team is constantly monitoring fire detectors, alarms, and sirens installed in your home. We warn you of emergencies through the speakers near your unit’s main entrance.
Emergency Evacuation Plan
In case of emergency, refer to your tailor-made evacuation plan that will direct you to the nearest and safest exits. If you have a fire in your home:
- Contact Numbers:
- Fire Fighting : 055 4010 229
- City Security: 055 4010 229
- City Operation Room: 050 0882
In the case of a small fire, use your fire extinguisher by following the instructions.
In case you are trapped in an elevator
FIRE & SAFETY
As part of a fire & safety system, all areas of the buildings are monitored by a Fire Detection and automatic alarm system which meets all required safety standards. These systems are closely monitored by the Facilities Management trained Team, who are located within the buildings around the clock.
Every apartment has been fitted with smoke detectors, alarm sirens and one alarm that is fitted with a speaker (for announcement purposes) located close to the apartment main entrance. Please be aware that tampering with or covering the smoke alarms could lead to false readings in the fire alarm system.
Should a fire Alarm occur that requires evacuation follow these simple guidelines:
- – Upon hearing an alarm, please be prepared to evacuate the building.
- – We will broadcast specific instructions should we require you to evacuate your apartment or leave the building in any specific way.
- – Do not panic, leave the building in a calm orderly manner by the stairs (DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS)
- – Wait outside at the assembly areas, (DO NOT ATTEMPT TO RE-ENTER THE BUILDING)
- Trained professionals shall inspect the building and announce an all clear
For your general information, the system is set to activate in the following way:
- – On detecting heat / smoke outside of designated parameters, the Fire Alarm will sound on the floor on which the Fire activation has occurred.
- – 1 minute later, it will sound on 4 floors above and below
- – 1 minute after item 2, it will sound on all floors
- – 1 minute after item 3, it will sound across the entire building
Returning to the building – Who decides?
Once the cause of the evacuation has been identified and the appropriate persons are certain that it is safe to do so; you will be allowed to return to the building.
In the event of fire evacuations, the decision to return is normally made by the senior Fire Officer in attendance in co-ordination with a member of the Facilities Management Team.
In case of emergency while in the lift, please use the telephone in the cab to alert the Concierge / Maintenance Team. It is a direct line.
When calling in an emergency, please follow these instructions:
- – Keep calm
- – In a clear voice give your name and location (i.e. Ahmed Jameel, I am in Marina Building 2A, first floor, the lift has stopped or Apartment #etc.)
- – If there are injuries state the type (if known) and the number of people injured
- – Listen to the instructions given and repeat the information (if requested)